Washington Sea Grant welcomes applicants for positions as they become available. Current openings are posted here; for additional openings, please go to the UW employment page.
Washington Sea Grant Administrator / UW Hires #146643
Washington Sea Grant (WSG) has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to serve as the senior business and administrative manager. The position provides leadership, strategic thinking and expertise to maintain the efficiency and success of WSG’s fiscal, human resources, and operational responsibilities. The Administrator is the chief liaison between WSG and other campus and non-campus offices that deal with financial and administrative matters. The Administrator is responsible for ensuring that WSG is compliant with federal, state, local and university rules and regulations. Reporting to the Director, the Administrator oversees day-to-day WSG operations, and serves as a member of the WSG Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Personnel and Administration:
- Serve as the WSG human resources manager, providing leadership and oversight for all personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, employee performance evaluations, promotions, disciplinary actions, and maintenance of staff personnel files.
- Ensure departmental employment practices are in compliance with University personnel policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative oversight for WSG’s full portfolio of funding currently comprised of nearly 70 unique accounts that include highly complex federal awards; state and university accounts; revenue budgets; and grant and contracts from a variety of sources.
- Work with WSG Fiscal Officer to prepares and maintain budget estimates, expenditure reports, analyses and forecasts to ensure deficits are not incurred, funds are spent according to governing policies and procedures, expenses are allocated to the appropriate programs and reimbursements and payments are made in a timely manner.
Facilities and Equipment:
- Oversee the management of all department space, facilities and equipment, consistent with all university requirements and policies.
- BA in business, public administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of administrative experience, of which a minimum of 5 years must be at the University of Washington or other state academic organization or involved with a Sea Grant program or comparable program at another institution.
- Experience in human resources, personnel management, grant and contract administration, and budget management, planning and development.
- Knowledge of university financial, budgetary, payroll, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Capacity to manage demanding workflow and competing deadlines, and initiate and complete projects independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven analytical skills with ability to proactively research and resolve questions, discrepancies, and inconsistencies.
- Highly organized, detail and service-oriented, flexible and resourceful.
- Working knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance and demonstrable experience interpreting and applying it in program administration.
- Computer-savvy, including advanced skill with Microsoft Excel.
To learn more or apply, go to UW Jobs.