Kids’ Day at OysterFest
For over 25 years, Kids’ Day at OysterFest has provided students a unique, fun opportunity to learn about the world they live in and how to protect and care for the environment and themselves.
Each year, up to 500 fourth grade students in Mason County have participated in hands-on activities that focus on quality, pollution prevention, marine animals, ecosystems, electrical safety, conservation of natural resources, boating safety and more—teaching our children important lessons and providing them with useful tools for the future.
Goals: Teach children tools for daily living to improve water quality, protect the environment, and practice personal safety.
Thank you to our sponsors from past years! In 2015, our sponsors included:
- The Skookum Rotary Foundation and Washington Sea Grant, who provided funding, staff, and activities
- Mason County PUD No.3
- Washington State Department of Health
- Washington State Department of Ecology
- Mason Conservation District
- City of Shelton
- Washington State University
- Skokomish Indian Tribe
- North Mason Kiwanis
For more information about Kids’ Day, contact Teri King at email@example.com.