Crab Team Training Workshop (Port Orchard)
March 3 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- « Talk: European Green Crabs in Washington’s Salish Sea – Whatcom MRC
- Lecture: Climate Chaos: Local International Examples of Our Changing Oceans »
Interested in becoming a Crab Team volunteer monitor to help protect pocket estuaries in Washington’s Salish Sea? This full-day training workshop will fully equip you to be our “Boots in the Mud” and join the Crab Team volunteer corps – no prior experience necessary. The workshop will include:
- An introduction to pocket estuaries and the invasion threat from European green crabs;
- Learning and practicing the monitoring protocols;
- Joining a team of 3 – 5 volunteers and selecting a monitoring site;
- Identification of pocket estuary critters;
- Monitoring equipment.
Details: We will break for lunch, but we recommend bringing a bagged lunch. Your attendance does not require that you sign up to monitor a site; we welcome attendees who are just interested in finding out what citizen science is all about, and encourage you to contact us or read the Get Involved section of our website to find out what our volunteers do!