- This event has passed.
Crab Team Training Workshop (FULL)
February 17 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- « Talk: Environmental Programs at the Port of Olympia
- Families with Children: Junior Ecologists (ages 6-9) Forage Fish »
This event is now full. Thank you to those who signed up!
Interested in becoming a Crab Team volunteer monitor to help protect pocket estuaries in north Puget Sound? This full-day training workshop will fully equip you to be our “Boots in the Mud” and join the Crab Team volunteer corps – no prior experience necessary. The workshop will include:
- An introduction to pocket estuaries and the invasion threat from European green crabs;
- Learning and practicing the monitoring protocols;
- Joining a team of 3 – 5 volunteers and selecting a monitoring site;
- Identification of pocket estuary critters;
- Monitoring equipment.
Details: We will break for lunch, but we recommend bringing a bagged lunch. Your attendance does not require that you sign up to monitor a site; we welcome attendees who are just interested in finding out what citizen science is all about, and encourage you to contact us or read the Get Involved section of our website to find out what our volunteers do!