- This event has passed.
Marine Corrosion Protection Workshop in Port Townsend
February 2, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Washington Sea Grant, WSU Jefferson County Extension, and the Northwest Maritime Center are cosponsoring a Marine Corrosion Protection Workshop on February 2, 2019.
This is a hands on class for recreational boaters, commercial fishermen and other marine professionals. Topics covered include:
- Galvanic corrosion of aluminum, steel & bronze
- Crevice corrosion of stainless steel
- Poultice corrosion of aluminum
- Corrosion and how to test for it
- Potential monitoring systems for aluminum and bronze
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of anodes
- Analysis of wood damage from too much zinc
- Controlled potential systems for wood boats
- Coatings for propellers & prop shafts
- Test methods for detecting AC and DC stray current
WHEN: February 2, 2019
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: NW Maritime Center
431 Water St.
Preregistration is required. Class size limit is 15.
Download the Marine Corrosion Workshop Flyer PDF, fill it out and mail it in to register or contact Sarah Fisken.
For more information, contact Sarah Fisken at Washington Sea Grant, 206.543.1225, or email@example.com.