- This event has passed.
Marine Corrosion Protection Workshop (Hadlock)
March 19, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn Techniques to prevent common corrosion problems on your vessel from Kevin Ritz, Certified Master Marine Technician.
Topics covered include:
- Galvanic corrosion of aluminum, steel and bronze
- Crevice corrosion of stainless steel
- Poultice corrosion of aluminum
- Corrosion-potential testing
- Monitoring systems for aluminum and bronze
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of anodes
- Analysis of wood damage from excess zinc
- Controlled potential systems for wood boats
- Coatings for propellers and prop shafts
- Test methods for detecting AC / DC stray current