- This event has passed.
Marine Weather Workshop
October 3, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$50
A one-day, all-inclusive Marine Weather Workshop taught by marine weather experts Jay Albrecht and Dave Wilkinson will prepare boaters for safety on Northwest waters, whichever way the wind may blow.
The workshop is co-sponsored by Washington Sea Grant, Northwest Maritime Center, and WSU Jefferson County Extension.
Topics covered include:
- relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- determining the path and speed of squalls
- strong wind systems found in the Northwest and offshore and how to avoid them
- how 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passage
Cost: $50. Pre-registration is required.
To register or for more information:
- download the flyer (PDF)
- contact WSG Continuing Education Coordinator Sarah Fisken via phone or email provided below.