- This event has passed.
Marine Weather Workshop
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$60
Learn how to read the weather before you go.
Washington Sea Grant and the Gig Harbor Boat Shop are cosponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop in Gig Harbor.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
To sign up, print out and fill out the Marine Weather Workshop Flyer.
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Gig Harbor Boat Shop