- This event has passed.
Marine Weather Workshop in Poulsbo
February 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn to read the weather before you head out on the water.
Washington Sea Grant and the Port of Poulsbo are cosponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Port of Poulsbo Marina
18809 Front St. NE
Due to limited space, registration is required.
To register over the phone or for more information, contact Sarah Fisken: 206-543-1225, email@example.com