- This event has passed.
SEA Discovery Center Summer Lecture
August 8, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until August 30, 2018
Join us on Wednesday evenings this summer for Summer Lectures at SEA. Each week, guest experts will speak in-person about issues and research investigations relevant to the marine environment in the Puget Sound and greater Salish Sea. With topics ranging from the history of water quality in Liberty Bay, marine mammal acoustics, and the expansion of invasive species, the lectures expand your knowledge and enhance your understanding of the region’s unique ecosystem.
Free and open to the public. Registration is not required. WA approved clock hours available for attending 3 or more lectures. Instructions on how to log hours are here.
Dates and Times: Wednesdays, July 11 – Aug. 29, starting at 6 p.m.
· July 18, 2018 The Global Expansion of European Green Crabs
· July 25, 2018 What’s Happening to the Sea Stars?
· August 1, 2018 Marine Mammal Bioacoustics
· August 15, 2018 Anemones on Acid: Sea Anemone Symbiosis in Changing Seas
· August 22, 2018 Assessing the State of the Sound
· August 29, 2018 SEA Discovery Center Interns investigate Liberty Bay and the Salish Sea