- This event has passed.
Tsunami Experts Hit the Road for Coastal Tour
April 9, 2019 - April 12, 2019
Tsunami and earthquake experts will be on the Washington coast for the week of April 9 through April 12 for presentations and discussions on tsunami vertical evacuation structures, potential earthquake early warning systems and survival strategies.
Officials from the Washington Emergency Management Division will be joined by the Washington Geological Survey, the National Weather Service, Washington Sea Grant and local emergency management officials in the 90-minute presentation, which will include time for questions.
Public presentations will be:
- 10 a.m., Tuesday, April 9 at the Pacific County PUD Auditorium, 405 Duryea Street, in Raymond, WA
- 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 9 at the Chautauqua Lodge, 304 14th St NW, in Long Beach, WA
- Noon, Wednesday, April 10 at the Ocean Shores Convention Center, 120 W. Chance a La Mer, Ocean Shores, WA
- 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 10 at Aberdeen (J.M. Weatherwax) High School, 410 N. G. St., Aberdeen, WA
- 10 a.m., Thursday, April 11 with the Makah Tribe at the Makah Tribal Community Hall, 81 3rd Ave. Neah Bay, WA
- 6:00 p.m., April 11 at Peninsula College in The Little Theater, 1502 E. Lauridsen Boulevard, Port Angeles, WA
- 10 a.m., Friday, April 12 with the Lower Elwah Klallam Tribe at the Tribal Center, 2851 Lower Elwha Road, Port Angeles, WA