- This event has passed.
Washington Sea Grant Offers a Marine Weather Workshop
April 26 @ 9:00 am
Learn to read the weather before you head out on the water.
Washington Sea Grant is sponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop at Fishermen’s Terminal in Seattle.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
Friday, April 26, 2019
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Nordby Conference Room
3919 18thAve W
Seattle, WA 98119
For more information or to register by phone or email contact Sarah Fisken: 206-543-1225 or email@example.com