FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 15, 2018
CONTACT: Sarah Fisken, 206-543-1225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington Sea Grant and the Kingston Cove Yacht Club offer a Marine Weather Workshop
Learn to read the weather before you head out on the water.
Washington Sea Grant and the Kingston Cove Yacht Club are cosponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
When: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Kingston Cove Yacht Club
25878 Washington Blvd. NE
For more information and to register contact Sarah Fisken: 206-543-1225 or email@example.com
Washington Sea Grant, based at the University of Washington, helps people and marine life thrive through research, technical expertise and education supporting the responsible use and conservation of coastal ecosystems. The National Sea Grant College Program is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. www.wsg.washington.edu.