FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 18, 2019
CONTACT: Sarah Fisken, 206-543-1225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Marine Weather Workshop in Poulsbo
Learn to read the weather before you head out on the water.
Washington Sea Grant and the Port of Poulsbo are cosponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Port of Poulsbo Marina
18809 Front St. NE
For more information and to register contact Sarah Fisken: 206-543-1225 or email@example.com
Washington Sea Grant, based at the University of Washington, helps people and marine life thrive through research, technical expertise and education supporting the responsible use and conservation of coastal ecosystems. The National Sea Grant College Program is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. www.wsg.washington.edu.