FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 8, 2018
CONTACT: Sarah Fisken, 206-543-1225 or email@example.com
Washington Sea Grant and Gig Harbor Boat Shop Offer a Marine Weather Workshop
Learn how to read the weather before you go. Thurs., March 22, 2018
Washington Sea Grant and the Gig Harbor Boat Shop are cosponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop in Gig Harbor.
Topics to be covered include:
• The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
• Determining the path and speed of squalls
• The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
• The key features of low pressure systems
• How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe
• How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
• What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
• How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and
model data on your computer
When: Thursday, March 22, 2018
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Gig Harbor Boat Shop
3805 Harborview Dr.
Gig Harbor, WA
Based at the University of Washington, Washington Sea Grant provides statewide
marine research, outreach, and education services. The National Sea Grant College
Program is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S.
Department of Commerce. www.wsg.washington.edu