Film Submissions Wanted for the 7th Annual River and Ocean Film Festival
Film submissions for the 2020 film festival, which will be held in Forks, Washington, are now being accepted. Films must be less than 20 minutes long, and relevant to the natural or social dimensions of the West End of the Olympic Peninsula. To submit a film, please contact Ian Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.417.6460.
Did You Miss the 6th Annual River and Ocean Film Festival?
Check out the films from the 2019 festival here:
- Fresh and Salty, by the youth of the Olympic Theater Arts Children’s Theater***
- A Sustainable Way Forward for Fish and Fisherman, by North Fork Studios
- The Science of Surface Slicks, by Open Boat Films
- Under the Log, by David Hahn
- Plastic Free Salish Sea, by Carl Davis and the San Juan County MRC**
- The Other Side of the Screen, by John Gussman**
- Stories from the Blue: Todd Fishcher, by the National Marine Sanctuary Program
- The Passage, by Days Edge Productions*
- Thunder Road, by Quileute Natural Resources and the USDA
- Urchin Mob, by Dave Forcucci at Studio Sea
- Three Crabs, 5 Salmon, 30 Partners, by John Gussman
- Salish Sea Wild: The Risky Business of Saving Seabirds, by Bob Friel and the SeaDoc Society
- The Salmon Coast, by North Fork Studios
* Best in show by audience polling
**Runner-up best in show by audience polling (tie)
***Special pre-festival showing
The festival, held in conjunction with RainFest and the Washington Coast Clean-up and sponsored in part by Washington Sea Grant, offers film explorations of our rivers and oceans that highlight the beauty and opportunity of this region, as well as some of the issues faced by its marine and freshwater habitats and the human community.
The River & Ocean Film Festival is brought to you by the North Pacific Coast Marine Resources Committee, the City of Forks, Washington Sea Grant, North Pacific Coast Lead Entity, Rainforest Council for the Arts, Pacific Coast Salmon Coalition, West Olympic Council for the Arts, and Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary.