- This event has passed.
Marine Corrosion Protection Workshop in Port Hadlock
October 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Washington Sea Grant, the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding and Washington State University Jefferson County are co-sponsoring a Marine Corrosion Protection Workshop. This is a hands-on class for marine professionals and boat owners (both commercial and recreational).
Topics covered include:
- Galvanic corrosion of aluminum, steel and bronze
- Crevice corrosion of stainless steel
- Poultice corrosion of aluminum
- Corrosion potential testing
- Potential monitoring systems for aluminum and bronze
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of anodes
- Analysis of wood damage from too much zinc
- Controlled potential systems for wood boats
- Coatings for propellers and propeller shafts
- Test methods for detecting AC and DC stray current
October 15, 2022
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Northwest School Wooden Boatbuilding
65 Lower Hadlock Road
Port Hadlock, WA
Due to limited space (class size is limited to 15), pre-registration is required. To register, contact: Sarah Fisken, 206-543-1225, email@example.com
Washington Sea Grant, based at the University of Washington, provides statewide research, outreach, and education services addressing the challenges facing our ocean and coasts. The National Sea Grant College Program is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.
Join the conversation: @WASeaGrant and Facebook.com/WaSeaGrant