- This event has passed.
Marine Weather Workshop
November 14 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is now full.
Washington Sea Grant and Jefferson County WSU Extension are co-sponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop.
Topics to be covered include:
- The relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- The strong wind systems found in the Northwest and how to avoid them
- The key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What a computer model is, how it works and what it can give you
- How to get National Weather Service and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
Saturday, November 14, 2020
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This workshop is now full. It will be held over Zoom.
If you have questions contact: Sarah Fisken, 206-543-1225 or firstname.lastname@example.org