Orca Bowl Sponsors
Orca Bowl is made possible through the support of UW’s College of the Environment, Washington Sea Grant, NOSB as well as many other generous sponsors. In light of recent federal budget cuts, our fundraising efforts are more critical than ever. By becoming an Orca Bowl/NOSB sponsor, you are encouraging and supporting the next generation of marine scientists, policy makers, teachers, explorers, researchers, technicians, and informed citizens to consider and appreciate the ocean on a regional and global scale.
How You Can Help
- Provide funds to assist with travel and lodging costs for teams and their coaches – teams travel from all over the state to participate.
- Help cover costs for meals for teams and volunteers – young minds at work need good, nourishing food to fuel them through the competition.
- Donate funds toward general event support – for example, venue rental, printing, supplies, and A/V rentals.
- Donate study resources – marine-related textbooks, ocean science literature, and so forth to support the months of preparation that teams undertake; or fun and relevant mementos that will be used for team prize bags, such as water bottles, tee-shirts, pens/pencils, and key chains. Each team that participates receives a prize bag for all of their efforts.
To donate, please send email to email@example.com!
Super-Pod ($5,000 and above)
- Washington Sea Grant
- University of Washington, College of the Environment
- National Ocean Sciences Bowl
J – Pod ($1,000–$4,999)
K – Pod ($100–$999)
- Agua Verde Paddle Club
- Alaska Bering Sea Crabbers
- Alaska Seafood Cooperative
- Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture
- Friday Harbor Laboratories
- Groundfish Forum
- Ocean Peace, Inc.
- Pearson Education
- Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
- Roche Harbor Resort
- Sinauer Associates, Inc.
- Sound Experience
- Taylor Shellfish Melrose Market Store
L – Pod (up to $100)
- Earth Art International
- Leave Only Bubbles
- Marine Conservation Institute
- NOAA, Alaska Fishery Sciences Center
- NOAA, Northwest Fishery Science Center
- NOAA, Western Regional Center
- Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
- The Seadoc Society
- University of Washington Applied Physics Laboratory
- University of Washington Seaglider Fabrication Center Laboratory
- University of Washington Argo Float Laboratory
- University of Washington Fish Collection
- University of Washington COASST
- University of Washington School of Oceanography
- University of Washington Ecosystem Research Lab
For more information on our national sponsors, see 2015 NOSB Sponsors (PDF).