- This event has passed.
Amplify: Conversations About Science Communication
February 8 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Amplify is a series of conversations among faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students who want to explore and engage in science communication and outreach. Bringing together individuals from the College of the Environment and around UW, Amplify events are an opportunity to consider and challenge ideas in science communication, outreach, and engagement; to learn how others are addressing issues in these arenas; and to amplify conversations about science in order to better serve society.
Hosted by the College of the Environment, Amplify begins with conversations and networking over a glass of wine and appetizers, followed by a rapid and informative panel featuring three to five faculty with diverse opinions, experience, or expertise on the topic of the night. The evening ends with another opportunity to continue the conversation in smaller groups with the panelists and other attendees.
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Time: 5 p.m. happy hour; 5:30-6:30 p.m. panel and open conversation
Location: Fishery Sciences Building (FSH), room 203
- Oliver Fraser, Lecturer, Astronomy
- Erika Harnett, Research Associate Professor, Earth and Space Sciences; Associate Director, NASA Space Grant
- Deborah Kelley, Professor, Oceanography
- Maile Sullivan, Marine Education Specialist, Washington Sea Grant
- Moderated by Tim Stetter, Director, UW in the High School