October 25, 2021
By Lucia Davids, WSG Student Assistant
As we wrap up this last week of National Seafood Month, we are sharing a recipe for grilled Caribbean crab cakes! Blue crab is fairly sustainable depending on its origin and could be a good choice for this recipe or ask your local fishmonger what they recommend.
- ¾ pound crab meat
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten,
- 2 green onions, minced
- Hot sauce of choice, to taste
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix crab meat, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, green onions, hot sauce, and salt and pepper until combined. Shape the mixture into 16 small cakes, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine diced mango, red onion, basil, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, salt and pepper, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill about 8 minutes, turning once.
- Top with mango salsa and serve with your favorite side dish.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com