November 27, 2019
Looking for an ingredient to change up holiday meals? Kelp is sustainable and eco-friendly food that can be incorporated in everyday cooking. With availability spreading, it’s not just limited to high-end restaurants.
Try this simple recipe from Maine Island Institute.
Crowd-Pleasin’ Kelp Cucumber Salad
- 2-3 medium cucumbers, julienned
- 3 oz rehydrated* kelp, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 6 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup lightly toasted sesame seeds
*To rehydrate dried kelp, ...Read More